Monday, January 26, 2015

Daily Sketch: Netossa

I woke up this morning thinking I would sketch She-ra since I'm on a bit of an old cartoons kick. However, after doing a rough sketch, I realized that I'd pretty much done the same pose/composition as an Adam Hughes sketch I've seen, only his is way better. So I scrapped that, and then thought maybe I'd do one of She-ra's sidekicks instead. I wanted to do Glimmer and did a rough layout that I thought was kind of working, and I may come back to it another day. But as I was researching the characters I came across this lady.

Her name is Netossa, and apparently her power is...taking off her cape and throwing it. Because it's a net. As in Netossa. She's really good at throwing nets.

Okay, maybe not the most impressive ability, especially in that world, but hey, at least she gets to wear a fabulous costume! Honestly, I have no recollection of this character from the cartoon, but I really do think she has a very cool design. It's like somebody gave Storm a She-rific makeover. And yay for diversity in the She-ra universe!


No comments:

Post a Comment