Monday, January 19, 2015

Getting Started

Welcome to my blog.

    I’ve been thinking about creating a blog for, oh, about four years now, I guess. But I kept putting it off for one reason or another. I was too busy. I was afraid I wouldn’t keep up with it. I couldn’t pin down a topic. At one point,  I went as far as setting up my blog account and writing my first entry, but then I decided I couldn’t go live until I had some perfect piece of art for the header bar, which I never did. And I had to come up with the perfect blog entries, especially the introductory one. How do you start a blog? Years passed. No perfect art, no perfect writing. No blog.

    So enough is enough, no more procrastinating. I want to communicate with you guys and share with you the things I’m working on. I want to keep myself on track with the promises I’ve made to myself. I want to try my best to do a daily warm up sketch and post it here. I want to write a monthly short story and share it. I want to show works in progress.

    It’s not about being perfect. Art is not perfection, and neither is writing. It’s about putting myself out there, getting on the dance floor instead of being a wallflower, even if my moves could use some work. At least I’ll be having fun.

    So I’m going to show you guys some drawings and let you read some stories, and maybe share some thoughts on the books/movies/TV I think are cool. In the meantime I’ll work on making this blog space a lot prettier, I promise. But, for now, for better of for worse, here it is, my little work in progress.

    My blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Travis! I am so glad to see all the things you will post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete