Monday, January 19, 2015

First Daily Sketch

One of the first things I noticed at the start of the new year was how many of my fellow comic artists had resolved to doing daily sketches and posting them, which I found inspiring. I can't promise that I'll do a sketch every single day, as sometimes I just have too much work to do to meet a deadline, even just as a warm-up. But I'll do my best to keep the sketches coming, especially since this is my chance to have fun and draw characters that I wouldn't normally get to draw. So, the first sketch is...Stargirl!


Sadly, I never got to draw Stargirl at all back when I was working on the JSA titles. I really wanted to pitch a one-shot issue that would be just the JSA teens: Stargirl, Cyclone, Lightning, and Wildcat (Jr.). But now with the New 52, I have no idea where all those characters are or what they're up to. Can anyone fill me in?

So here it is, sketch #1. My blog is officially under way!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Geoff Johns should really see this, as I have to think he would agree this captures her perfectly. Currently Star Girl appears in Justice League United, but I'm not sure that any of the other JSA teens appear in New 52. Great idea, and maybe something that could still happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Travis! Maybe it could. I always felt bad for Lightning when they split up the teams that she was the only kid on her team while the All-Stars had three. That's kind of what sparked the idea, like, let's let the kids all hang out together without the adults around and see what happens!

      Delete